1st 9 Weeks
Freedom of Choice:
The Very Best Policy
The Power of Video Games:
Good or Evil?
To Frack or Not To Frack?
Role of Machines:
Self-Flying Planes May Arrive Sooner Than You Think.
2nd 9 Weeks
The Costs and Benefits of Post- High School Life:
Which Degree Is a Better Option?
Mary Ellen Wilson: How One Girl's Plight Started the Child-
Group Decision Making:
“37 Who Saw Murder Didn't Call the Police” and "A Summary of
“Kitty, 40 Years Later”
Texas Success Initiative Assessment
3rd 9 Weeks
This Startup Wants to End World Hunger
The Future of Farming:
Earth's Soil Is Getting Too Salty for Crops to Grow
The Movie Theater Problem
Practice FAFSA Form (English)
Practice FAFSA Form (Spanish)
4th 9 Weeks
Muslim Children Join Their Parents in Fasting for Ramadan
I Use a Wheelchair. And Yes, I’m Your Doctor
First Encounters with Racism
"Ha!" Takes a Serious Look at Humor
Reading TSI Assessment Real Test
Project Links and Important Information
1. 1,250 words (five typed pages)
2. Questions that need to be answered in your research:
- What aspects make up this animals identity?
(classification, physical characteristics, habitat, etc)
- How is the animal being endangered?
- What are humans doing to protect the animal?
- How would the world be impacted if the animal were to be extinct?
3. Suggested Sub-topics
- Physical Characteristics
- Physical Abilities
- Daily Behavior
- Defense/ Protection / Hunting
- Conservation Efforts / Status
4. Research Poem (guidelines)
5. Student Biography (example)
- 200-300 words (30 pts)
- Grammar, Punctuation, etc (10 pts)
- Voice (10 pts)
- 3rd person POV (10 pts)
- Personal History (10 pts)
- Recent Accomplishments (10 pts)
- Goals (10 pts)
- Hobbies, Interests, and Talents (10 pts)